Oh hey there!!
*waves too enthusiastically through the screen at you*
First and foremost, it's Ann Marie, not Ann.
I am a Brooklyn based photographer, hailing from South Carolina, with a primary focus of intimate portraiture. I've been working in photography for over 10 years, and I'm incredibly passionate about the work I create.
So, why intimate portraiture? I began studying the human body early into my career and over time it has developed into creating a space for people to celebrate their bodies. I found myself most passionate about & creating work that meant the most to me when I was helping people see their bodies & celebrate them. It is incredibly important for my clients to tell THEIR story, not a recreation of something they have seen elsewhere. In a society that is constantly telling us how we should look, how are we to really understand and love ourselves & our bodies?
That's where I come in - together, we collaborate to create glorious images of you AS YOU ARE.
We celebrate you - YOUR body. YOUR story.
This whole process is about you, and as a former therapist, creating a safe place for you to explore this is of the utmost importance to me. I also take the time to get to know you so that you understand that we are in this together, and that I've got you! The end result is a glorious celebration of YOU.
A few fun facts about me:
- I am a huge book worm and am usually reading between 1 and 3 books at any given time. Send me your book recommendations.
- I give zero fucks about what people think and often embarrass my partner and/or friends in public with displays of singing and dancing.
- I can lip sync better than you.
- I don't drink coffee but I fantasize about it basically every day.
- I have an Australian Shepherd mixed pup that is usually lounging in the studio during our shoots. Her name is Lelu. Yes, she is named after the Fifth Element character (side note, I can't take credit for this. My partner is cooler than me).